Mismatch Dining Chair Tips for the Modernist
For the design collector, having mismatched dining chairs is more than a trend. It’s a treat. Why buy all the same chairs of one great design when you can have all your favorite designed chairs individually on display around your dining table?
Since we have our $99 dining chair sale going on at the moment with more than a few desirable profiles, here are some helpful tips and examples on how you can incorporate that one-off chair or chairs.
1. Dramatically contrast rustic chairs with one modern chair.
Source: The Nordroom
2. Mix woods with wicker or leather.
Source: Studio McGee. Photos by Kate Osborne
3. Mix traditional chairs with modern design chairs with traditional influences.
Source: Domino. Photography by Lindsey Orton
4. Mix colors of the same chair.
5. Go monochromatic with all different chair designs.
Source: Stephane Chamard. Photography by Lisa Petrole.
6. Mix different designs from the same era.
Source: Decor Demon (left), Simone Soares (right)
7. Offset similar chairs with a one-off.
Source: Denis Khramov
8. Combine chairs with similar shapes.