Mismatch Dining Chair Tips for the Modernist
For the design collector, having mismatched dining chairs is more than a trend. It’s a treat. Why buy all the same chairs of one great design when you can have all your favorite designed chairs individually on display around your dining table?
Since we have our $99 dining chair sale going on at the moment with more than a few desirable profiles, here are some helpful tips and examples on how you can incorporate that one-off chair or chairs.
1. Dramatically contrast rustic chairs with one modern chair.
Source: The Nordroom
2. Mix woods with wicker or leather.
3. Mix traditional chairs with modern design chairs with traditional influences.
4. Mix colors of the same chair.
5. Go monochromatic with all different chair designs.
6. Mix different designs from the same era.
7. Offset similar chairs with a one-off.
Source: Denis Khramov
8. Combine chairs with similar shapes.